self-care /self-ker/ : an essential set of practices that help to reduce stress and maintain personal wellbeing
It’s that time of year – love is in the air, and you’re looking for ways to show those closest to you how much you appreciate them. But don’t forget about yourself! I’ve put together a few simple self-care strategies for you to be your own Valentine this year.
- Write down a few things from your day that you’re grateful for. (If you need a refresher on ways to cultivate gratitude, check out our blog post.)
- Have fun creating a bullet journal.
- Make a list of three things about yourself that you love.
- Go through old photos, letters and journals. Appreciate where you’ve been and where you’re going!
- Here’s what the the folks at Harvard have to say about the effects of meaningful relationships on personal happiness. Try it for yourself – reach out to a friend or loved one you haven’t connected with in a while.
- Tap into your creative side by singing, dancing, drawing, anything that brings you true joy. Don’t worry about the results!
- Try a DISconnect…from technology, that is! Tune into your thoughts with a short technology hiatus. You might be surprised at how beneficial a digital break really can be!
- Kick the winter blues and get outside for a few deep breaths of fresh air.
- Laugh! Did you know that laugter is as important for your body as regular exercise?
- Do some yoga! Even a basic yoga practice benefits the body, mind and spirit.
I hope this list inspires you to show yourself some TLC today and every day!
Happy Valentine’s Day,