Belmont Charter Network equips students with the knowledge and skills to succeed wherever their talents, diligence, and heart take them.
We provide community schools equipped with healthcare, mental health, and social service programs. We also provide a wide variety of extracurricular programming including sports, academic enrichment, and the arts. Our schools are community hubs and we partner with over 30 different organizations to enrich the depth of programming for youth, families and the whole community. We strive to ensure that each child is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged.
From teachers and principals to coaches and health and safety professionals, we want what you want: for our kids to do well and do good, to be happy and healthy, and to attain their personal definition of success. We value a nurturing environment, responsibility to others, and a commitment to the community beyond school boundaries. We believe that teaching and learning should be joyful!
Strong relationships are key to our success. We partner with many business, government, community, and household stakeholders to support our students now and in the future.
Our purpose is to promote the academic, social and emotional well-being of each child.
BCN will be a PROOF POINT for what is POSSIBLE for students living in poverty. We will be a MODEL program for the city of Philadelphia and beyond. Providing students with what they need academically and socio-economically to thrive in college, career, and their communities.
Our Core Values
- We believe that teaching and learning should be joyful.
- We believe it is our responsibility to address whatever barriers prevent a student from being successful.
- We believe that real growth begins when you meet people where they are.
- We believe that positive relationships make our work possible.
- We believe that every moment with a child opportunity to positively influence their life’s trajectory.
- We believe that all students can be successful.
- We believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive organizational culture.
A family of schools
Belmont Charter Network is proud of the lives we have impacted since our inception in 1998.